The Palace was built in 1970’s designed under the personal supervision of Thakur Umaid Singh Rathore of Peelwa belonging to the legendary warrior clan of Champawat Rajput’s, originating from the Marwar region near the blue town of Rajasthan, ‘Jodhpur’. The palace is spread over a twenty-acre organic farm, overlooking the rain water reservoir at Village Kalakho, District Dausa. This was once the favorite hunting retreat of the Peelwa family, offers a peek into their legacy.
Popular for duck hunting expeditions & fishing during the 1970’s, the royal hunting lodge of the Peelwa family was converted into a stunning heritage resort in order to upkeep & maintain the property, the primary goal was to generate employment for the nearby local village communities & provide them with a regular source of income.
Umaid Palace is recommended as a standalone getaway retreat or an ideal base to explore neighboring forts and attractions namely The Chand Baori Stepwell, Abhaneri, The haunted ruins of Bhangarh, The Mystic Mehandipur Balaji Temple renowned for tantric healing powers, The Mahaveer Ji Jain temple and natural sanctuaries of Sariska, Bharatpur and Ranthambore.
The retreat boosts of its own organic farm, dairy, poultry farm & an in-house Krishna temple where guests are invited by the residing host family every morning or evening to join the prayers.
One can sit back and enjoy the vista from the sit out terrace which come included with most rooms, and without stepping out can enjoy nature unfurl in front of your eyes - away from the chaotic life of the city. After a day of safari’s /rural sightseeing, sit back with a drink and watch the unmatched sunset behind the Aravalli’s.
Umaid Palace prides itself on providing an authentic home away from home experience in Rajasthan. Life is unhurried here. The days filled with sunshine, conversation and picnics, Camel Safari’s and Jeep Safari’s with lazy sundowners to trap the blazing sunset. Spontaneous excursions trace the history of the region through neighboring forts and legends, rambles transform into safaris in the flash of a beckoning wing -the surrounding wetlands are a birdwatcher's paradise, tempting even to the uninitiated.
Umaid Palace is one of the predominant resort hotels of Rajasthan, a place where you can rest, refresh, and revive yourself.
Sustainability Initiatives at Umaid Palace, Dausa:-
• Rainwater harvesting & Conservation
• STP Plants (Grey water treatment system)
• Compost in house fertilizer used for farming & gardening
• Reduce, Reuse & Recycle (Minimal use of plastic & complete elimination of single use toiletries)
• Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations
• Organic Farming, In House Dairy & Poultry
• Solar Electricity
• Deliverable community impact including training and employing staff from the local community
• Revival of community arts & crafts / festivals
• Towel & Linen Reuse Program
• Active in house waste management system & regular community clean ups organized
• All excursion’s & experiences organized in collaboration with local community : Jeep Safari’s, Yoga , Camel Rides, Clay Pottery & so on
• Conservation of nature and wildlife
• Promotion of intangible heritage through local experiences
• Sensitive land use and efficient resource utilization